Although the end of the summer isn’t official for a couple of weeks, most of us are done with vacations and the kids are back to school.
As much as we don’t want to, we are ushering in another season. Hey, I’m gonna miss the beach. I’m not looking forward to adding more clothes. And the prospect of being cold makes me throw up a little in my mouth.
Like everything in life, there are pros and cons. Let’s be positive here and only think about the pros.
Here are my “pros” to the end of summer.
1. You can get back to a normal routine
2. The weather is perfect for outdoor activities (running, hiking, walking, biking, etc)
3. The draw of cookouts and pool parties disappears
4. My farmer’s tan will fade
5. The turning of a page is like a “reset” button
6. Pumpkin is healthy
7. Thankgiving is a great deadline. For example……I want to lose 20lbs by Thanksgiving…..etc.
8. Apple season
10. “Hot” instead of “Ice” Coffee
There’s always yin and yang, good and bad, black and white. Focus on the positive. Find the best in every situation.
Use this time to re-invigorate your fitness goals. Summer beat you up pretty good. Use the Fall to get back on track and move closer to your goals.
The urge to stretch the summer out will be strong. Resist it. You are in a new phase now.